Most Wanted Shade
Explore Your Shade Options
Let's talk about your most wanted shade. Shade can be found in so many ways. There is temporary shade, portable
shade, permanent shade and living shade, just to name a few of the different
Having spent many years in the shade business I have come up with my list of
the 10 most wanted types of shade.
These seem to be the most popular items sold for the purpose of creating
shade, and of course we have them all covered here at ShadeBuilder.
- Shade Screens - It is amazing the difference they can make inside your
- Carport Cover - They can shade your home and protect your vehicles.
- Patio Cover - Again, they offer shade and they provide a weather resistant
- Gazebo - Any form of this item can cover a hot tub, play area, BBQ area or
a shade next to the pool.
- Window Awning - Go beyond shade screens with sun protection and add beauty
at the same time.
- Garage in a Box - Protection for your vehicles and RV's.
- Canopy - Provide temporary shelter for home and on the go.
- Pet Shade - Don't leave the critters to suffer in the sun and rain.
- Shade Sail - This ones new but very versatile. See how it could work
- Window Shade - This all happens on the inside. Blinds and so much
Take a look around Shade Builder to find solutions for all of your shade
Below are a few more ideas for shading your home starting with the outdoors.
- Trees: Planting trees strategically around your home can provide
natural shade and reduce solar heat gain. Deciduous trees are particularly
effective as they provide shade in the summer while allowing sunlight in
during the winter when their leaves have fallen.
- Awnings: Installing retractable or fixed awnings over windows, doors, or
outdoor spaces can provide shade and protect against direct sunlight. Awnings
come in various materials, sizes, and styles to suit different architectural
- Pergolas: Constructing a pergola with an open roof and cross beams can
create a shaded outdoor area. You can train climbing plants or vines to grow
over the pergola, enhancing the shade and adding a natural touch.
- Shade Sails: These fabric canopies are stretched between anchor points to
create a shaded area. Shade sails come in different shapes, sizes, and colors,
and they offer versatility in adjusting the shade coverage.
- Patio Umbrellas: Placing large umbrellas or patio umbrellas in outdoor
spaces can provide instant shade. They are portable and adjustable, allowing
you to move them as needed to block the sun.
Here are some ideas for inside your home.
- Window Treatments: Installing window treatments like cellular shades,
roller shades, or Roman shades with light-blocking or reflective properties
can help reduce heat gain and provide shade indoors.
- Blinds: Venetian blinds, vertical blinds, or horizontal blinds can be
adjusted to control the amount of sunlight entering the room. They allow
flexibility in managing both light and privacy.
- Curtains and Drapes: Heavy or thermal curtains and drapes with
light-blocking or insulating properties can effectively reduce solar heat
gain and provide shade when closed.
- Window Film: Applying reflective or low-e window film to your windows
can help block heat and UV radiation while allowing natural light to filter
- Interior Shading Devices: Interior shading devices like interior
shutters, interior blinds, or window screens can be installed to provide
shade and privacy while allowing for ventilation.
It's important to consider a combination of outdoor and indoor shading
methods to effectively reduce heat gain and create a comfortable living
environment. The best approach will depend on factors such as your climate, the
orientation of your home, and your personal preferences.
In the Mesa Arizona area give me a call for a shade estimate.
CR Shades - Dennis Gourley - Sales - 480-935-2848
top of Most Wanted Shade