Awning Building Tools
What do you need to build an awning?
If you are
planning a do it yourself awning you may be wondering what awning
building tools you
would need to have on hand. Most of these you probably already
have. If we are talking about an aluminum awning, this is the list.
at right is the tip that goes into your drill for use with the hex
head screws needed to build an aluminum awning.
- A couple of good quality ladders
- A good quality battery drill, 18 volt or better, or a variable speed
- A skill saw with a plywood blade
- Saw horses
- Three foot or better level
- Hand tools - hammer, 7/16" open end wrench, 5/16th" sockets for drills
- Digging tools if you are using safety stakes
- Hammer drill if your awning is to be slab mounted
There are a few additional tools in my tool box that get used
more than occasionally. They consist of a
- chalk line
- small vice grips
- flat head and Phillips screw drivers
Not a lot is required for a do it yourself awning. A few tools, the
right parts and a good set of instructions.
I would be happy to offer any additional help, just use my
top of Awning Building Tools